Timo O. Korhonen
Adj. Prof., DTech.
Department of Social Research
University of Helsinki
Current research areas
Service development process and methods: usability design, techno-economics, virtual organizations, quality systems; Telecommunication systems and technology: optical and radio communications
· PRECIOUS 2013-2016 (PREventive Care Infrastructure based On Ubiquitous Sensing)
· CHI-FIN UBI-SERV 2009-2011(User-centric Design of Ubiquitous
Welfare and Safety Services and Supporting Technologies for China and
Finland ) – project leader in Comnet
· WOMEQUAL 2006-2007 (Web-community for Women Equality) – project leader in Communications Lab.
· LED/PLC 2003-2006 (Modular LED-PLC Lighting System) – project leader in Communications Lab.
· SYTE 1999-2002 (System Technologies for Future Telecommunications)
· ACCESS 1999-2000 (Architectures of Access Networks)
· S-72.1510 Human Centric Telecommunications
· S-72.2510 User Centric Design of Telecommunication Services
· S-72.3510 Product Development of Telecommunication Systems
· S-72.1130 Telecommunication Systems
· S-72 1140 Transmission Methods in Telecommunication Systems
· Editorial board: International Journal of Communication Systems
· Reviewer: IEE Communications Proceedings, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Wireless Personal Communications, IEE Electronics Letters, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
· Technical Program Committees: TPC Chair: International Workshop on Ubiquitous Healthcare and Supporting Technologies 2010 (UBI-HEALTH’10) Shanghai 31st May – 2nd June ,2010; Finnish Wireless Communications Workshop 2002 (FWCW’02) Helsinki, TPC Vice Chair: International Conference on Communications 2001 (ICC’01), Helsinki